New Orleans ECE Facilities Assistance | Agenda for Children

Agenda for Children can help early childhood education (ECE) programs in their efforts to expand existing early learning facilities or create new early learning facilities. This is made possible by funding from the Orleans Parish early childhood millage, which funds quality and capacity building for early learning providers in addition to providing free early care and education to 1,000 children ages 0-3 through the City Seats program.

Nick Kindel, our Director of Facilities Expansion, Planning, and Support, can provide technical assistance (TA) to providers who are looking to expand the size or capacity of an existing facility or to create a new child care facility. He comes to us with almost 10 years of experience working for the City of New Orleans in permitting, zoning, and planning, and is able to provide the following support:

We will be adding future capacity, programs, and TA that will be able to provide support in the following areas:

  • State approvals (Departments of Education & Health, State Fire Marshal)
  • Site selection
  • Pre-development project feasibility
  • Development project budget
  • Financial support & grants
  • Finding architects & contractors

Which projects are eligible for technical assistance?

Because the funding for this assistance comes from the Orleans Parish early childhood millage, Agenda for Children can only support facilities that are located in Orleans Parish AND eligible to receive money for publicly-funded seats (i.e. is/will be a licensed Type III center).

Agenda for Children may serve other providers on a fee-for-service basis.

Request Technical Assistance for your ECE Facilities project

If you would like technical assistance for your early childhood education facilities project, whether you’re in the initial planning stages or awaiting final regulatory approval, please fill out the request form below. Please note that, at this time, we can only provide technical assistance to programs in Orleans Parish that are or will be licensed as a Type III center. Services may be available in other communities in the future, as funding permits.

Facility Assistance Form

Contact us to learn more

For more information, contact Nick Kindel at or 504-884-4113.




You can make Louisiana a state in which all children can thrive!
Get Involved