Outdoor Learning Enhancement Opportunity
Program Dates: July 2021 to June 2022
The Outdoor Learning Enhancement Opportunity (OLEO) is an initiative funded by the Louisiana Department of Education that encourages healthy living and learning through outdoor play and physical activity. It also empowers Type III centers to create high quality and age appropriate outdoor learning environments at no cost to the center.
Who Can Participate?
Agenda welcomes all Type III centers in Assumption, Jefferson, Lafourche, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Tammany, Terrebonne, and Washington Parishes to participate in this initiative. Each center may participate one time in the OLEO.
If your center is located outside of our service delivery area, we encourage you to contact your local CCR&R for more information about opportunities in your local community.
How Does It Work?
We are no longer accepting applications for this program. For those already in the program each site:
- was assigned a coach consultant who will offer continuing support
- will take a self-assessment (in the NAP-SACC portal), set goals, and complete an action plan that includes the purchase of fully-funded supplies and materials
- will receive ongoing training and may earn clock hours upon completion
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OLEO Frequently Asked Questions
- One-Minute OLEO Overview Video
- OLEO Overview Presentation
- OLEO Recruitment Survey
- Hello, Oleo! Newsletter – week one
- Hello, OLEO! Newsletter – week two
- Hello, OLEO! Newsletter – week three
- Hello, OLEO! Newsletter – week four
- Hello, OLEO! Newsletter-week six
- Hello, OLEO! Newsletter – week seven
- Hello, OLEO! Newsletter – week eight
- Hello, OLEO! Newsletter – week nine
- Hello, OLEO! Newsletter – week ten
Sign up for Our Newsletter for Early Childhood Educators and Child Care Center Directors to receive emails about upcoming workshops, the Outdoor Learning Enhancement Opportunity and more!
Agenda for Children successfully converted our work to virtual and hybrid models, including our coaching, training, and CLASS observation protocols for 1,400 classrooms in Orleans Parish.