Outdoor Learning Enhancement Opportunity
The Outdoor Learning Enhancement Opportunity (OLEO) is an initiative funded by the Louisiana Department of Education that encourages healthy living and learning through outdoor play and physical activity. It also empowers Type III centers to create high quality and age appropriate outdoor learning environments at no cost to the center.
Who Can Participate?
Agenda welcomes all Type III centers in Assumption, Jefferson, Lafourche, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Tammany, Terrebonne, and Washington Parishes to participate in this initiative. Each center may participate one time in the OLEO.
If your center is located outside of our service delivery area, we encourage you to contact your local CCR&R for more information about opportunities in your local community.
How Does It Work?
- Eligible centers register.
- Agenda staff contact registered centers to let them know when their project will begin.
- Participating centers:
- are assigned a coach consultant who will offer continuing support
- take a self-assessment (in the NAP-SACC portal), set goals, and complete an action plan that includes the purchase of fully-funded supplies and materials
- receive ongoing training and may earn clock hours upon completion
What is the Timeline?
Centers start by taking the recruitment survey. Participants are randomly assigned to one of four cohorts, beginning in Fall 2021 and ending in Summer 2022. Each cohort cycle will last approximately 8-10 weeks.
How Can I Register?
Complete the short Recruitment Survey to register. Agenda will reach out to participants with more information and to assign a start date.
For more information contact email@example.com.
- OLEO Frequently Asked Questions
- One-Minute OLEO Overview Video
- OLEO Overview Presentation
- OLEO Recruitment Survey
- Hello, Oleo! Newsletter – week one
- Hello, OLEO! Newsletter – week two
- Hello, OLEO! Newsletter – week three
- Hello, OLEO! Newsletter – week four
Sign up for Our Newsletter for Early Childhood Educators and Child Care Center Directors to receive emails about upcoming workshops, the Outdoor Learning Enhancement Opportunity and more!
Agenda for Children successfully converted our work to virtual and hybrid models, including our coaching, training, and CLASS observation protocols for 1,400 classrooms in Orleans Parish.