What is the New Leaders Fellowship?
The New Leaders Fellowship is designed to help new early childhood directors and/or owners take their business and leadership skills to the next level. This inclusive, competency-based fellowship:
- Consists of 8 business and instructional leadership focused modules consisting of work that will be completed independently and work that will be completed together with a peer cohort and the program facilitators
- Includes personalized leadership coaching by an Agenda for Children specialist
- Offers live, virtual Community of Practice sessions monthly, organized to strengthen participants’ professional network and provide them with opportunities to practice new knowledge and instructional leadership strategies.
- Provides a $1,000 stipend to participants who complete the Fellowship.
Who is eligible to participate in the New Leaders Fellowship?
The New Leaders Fellowship is open to early childhood directors, owners and/or family child care providers who have 5 or fewer years of experience leading early learning settings AND whose program is located in one of the following parishes: Assumption, Jefferson, Lafourche, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. James, St. John, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa and Washington. Please note that program leaders from all early learning center license types (Type I, II, and III) and family child care homes are eligible to apply.
What are the expectations for Fellows?
The New Leaders Fellowship is an 8-month long executive education program from October 2022 through May 2023. Monthly expectations include:
- Complete one online learning module each month. These learning sessions are to be done at your own pace (asynchronously) and include about 1.5 hours of work each month.
- Participate in one live, monthly Community of Practice. These whole group meetings (about 1 hour) will be facilitated virtually, online by program faculty and Agenda staff, and will be held mid-day between the hours of 11am-2pm CST. The exact start and end time will be determined by cohort and staff preference.
- Meet with your fellowship coach, in-person once a month. These check-ins will be scheduled for 30 minutes to 1 hour, at a time that is convenient for you and your coach.
When is the fellowship?
The inaugural fellowship will take place between October 2022 through May 2023 through a combination of online and in-person activities.
How do I apply?
Apply for the inaugural cohort of New Leaders Fellows by September 28, 2023. Please allow 45-60 minutes to complete a thoughtful and thorough application.