Below you will find highlights from some of our upcoming workshops as well as helpful information about registration and participation. You can also use the Workshop Calendar to map out your professional development over the next few months as we celebrate this year’s theme, Big Dreams For A Bright Tomorrow. Visit our registration page to see all of the classes currently open for registration and to register online.
***Please note: If you are a Jefferson Parish early learning provider, you have a new Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) agency, Jefferson Ready Start Network. Beginning August 1, all Jefferson Parish Type III and Academically Approved FCCs MUST register with Jefferson Ready Start Network for all training sessions.***
December 2023 Professional Development
Children thrive when their learning space feels safe and welcoming. Join us this December for our professional development workshops that will help you to create caring communities and safe spaces in your classroom. Set the stage for building friendships and positive relationships among children, and practice positivity in your own teaching. Unpack strategies for using developmentally appropriate practices while celebrating learning differences and inclusivity among children. Registration is now open, so get ready to blast off into a SPACE where all children thrive!
Use this calendar of upcoming workshops to plan your professional development over the next few months. Note that registration is not yet available for all classes. Our online registration system shows classes currently accepting registration, and new classes are added all the time!
Tip: Click the Agenda tab at the top of the calendar to see the calendar in a list format.
Sessions for Type I, Type II, & School-Based Providers
We welcome participants from Type I, Type II, and School-Based centers to attend our workshops for a small fee. Limited seats are reserved for Express Registration to these participants in workshops that include “Type I/II/School” in the workshop title. These can be found on the Workshop Calendar. Type I, Type II, and School-Based centers may also request private fee-based workshops scheduled on-site or virtually. For questions about workshop registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the custom workshops page.
Helpful Registration How-To Guides
Accounts & Registration
Registration is required for all Agenda for Children workshops. Agenda for Children reserves the right to cancel multiple registrations for the same workshop to allow space for other participants to enroll.
Before registering for a workshop, please ensure your account information is up to date by logging into training.agendaforchildren.org then clicking “My Account” then “Edit Profile/Password.”
Participants will need to register for each individual session they would like to attend. Sessions are capped at 25 participants, so we encourage you to register as soon as possible. You will receive the session Zoom link with your confirmation email as well as in a reminder email two days before your session. If you register for more than one session, please ensure you are logging into your session with the correct Zoom link.
Beginning March 1, 2022, each individual became responsible for maintaining their own Agenda for Children account to complete registration, update their profile, complete evaluations, and download certificates. On March 1, 2022, the option for primary account holders (i.e. directors) to manage staff accounts was eliminated, and all accounts were unlinked. This change was made to reduce account errors and to promote accountability and ownership of professional development opportunities among individual participants. Click here for help with creating an account or registering.
Registration is currently only open to programs in the following parishes in Agenda for Children’s Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) service area:
- St. Bernard
- St. Charles
- St. James
- St. John
- St. Tammany
Programs outside of these parishes should contact their local CCR&R. To find your CCR&R, click here.
Registration is offered free of charge to staff who work at Type III programs and family child care providers registered with the Child Care Assistance Program. Participants from these program types will need to provide us with their program’s license number so we can verify that their program accepts Child Care Assistance and that they are eligible to attend the training for free.
Registration for staff from non-Type III programs (Type I, Type II, and school-based programs) is $10 per participant per 2-hour session, with an additional $5 per additional clock hour. Online payment is required prior to attendance; we cannot accept payments in-person or via mail. Due to restrictions in our funding, we are not able to open registration to Type I, Type II, and school-based programs until we have enough participants from Type III centers. Non-Type III programs should contact email@example.com for information on registering.
Virtual Workshop Policy
Below are Agenda for Children’s requirements and guidance to ensure you are successful in participating in and completing a virtual workshop:
- You must have your own email address, technology (computer, tablet, phone), and Internet access or cell data in order to attend virtual classroom workshops. Shared devices are not allowed. If a facilitator identifies more than one person on a single device, the person who owns the device will be eligible for a certificate but the other person will not be eligible for a certificate and will be asked to leave the session.
- After completing workshop registration, participants will receive an email with the link for the Zoom workshop as well as any handouts for the workshop. One to two days before the virtual workshop, participants will receive a reminder email with the same information.
- At least 10 minutes before the session starts, participants should join the virtual workshop by clicking on the Zoom link they received. Participants should download the Zoom app prior to their session and give themselves enough time to get into the workshop session and settle in. Participants logging in 10 minutes after the session begins will not be admitted.
- Participants will be required to respond to roll calls verbally and put their first and last name in the chat box at both the beginning and end of the session. Be sure to name your device by first and last name only (numbers, emojis, nicknames will not be accepted) as this helps us recognize you before check-in and will also be used to check for participation throughout the session after the session ends.
- Participants will need to use both audio and video to participate in the session and are required to be visible on camera and use their microphone whenever asked. Participants must have a secure Internet connection that will allow them to stay actively signed into the session. Participants experiencing technical difficulties due to no fault of Agenda for Children may not be admitted back into the current session to reduce disruptions to the session.
- Participants must ensure they are in an environment that supports learning. Participants who are actively supervising children, driving, shopping, web searching, etc. while attending the workshop will be removed from the session.
- Participants who are not present for the full duration of the session or who do not comply with the aforementioned guidance or requests made by facilitators will not receive a certificate.
- Licensing or the Department of Health can contact Agenda for Children to confirm attendance as needed.
Seven days after a workshop, participants should log into their Agenda for Children account to complete the workshop evaluation and download their certificate.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellations for workshops should be made before a workshop begins by logging into training.agendaforchildren.org then clicking “My Account” then “Registrations” then “Drop.”
For individual registrants, Agenda for Children will issue 50% of the registration fee if cancellation requests are made before registration closes, which is three business days prior to the workshop. To request a refund, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Agenda for Children will not issue refunds for requests made after registration closes or after a workshop has occurred.
An organization may substitute a colleague for the original registrant at no charge before registration closes, which is three business days prior to the workshop. To request a substitution, email email@example.com.
“No Show” Policy
If you are unable to attend a workshop for whatever reason, you can always request that a colleague attend in your place (within at least 3 days’ notice) or drop the class through our registration system. Cancellations for workshops should be made before a workshop begins by logging into training.agendaforchildren.org then clicking “My Account” then “Registrations” then “Drop.” Anyone who registers for a workshop and fails to attend without warning may be blocked in our online registration system.
For assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When Agenda for Children Cancels Workshops
In the event that a scheduled workshop is canceled by Agenda for Children due to unforeseen circumstances, participants registered for the session will be notified using the email on their registration account, and anyone who paid workshop fees will be fully refunded.
Child Care Policy
We are committed to children, but out of respect for the adult learners in our sessions, children are not allowed at in-person workshop sessions, and participants in virtual workshop session should not be actively supervising children. Participants who bring children to in-person sessions or who are actively supervising children in virtual sessions will be asked to leave or be removed from their virtual session.
Should you need any assistance in registering for a workshop or require assistance before, during, or after you are registered for a workshop, please email email@example.com.
Sign up for our Newsletter for Early Childhood Educators and Child Care Center Directors to receive emails about upcoming workshops and more!
In 2021, Agenda for Children provided coaching and training to nearly 5,000 educators across southeast Louisiana. We successfully converted our work to virtual and hybrid models, including our seminars, coaching, training, and CLASS observation protocols for 1,400 classrooms in Orleans Parish.