NOEEN Coordinated Funding
Every year, each Early Childhood Community Network in the state, including NOEEN, submits a Coordinated Funding Request (CFR) to the Louisiana Department of Education (LDOE) detailing recommendations for seat allocations to specific operators for state-funded early care and education seats (LA4, NSECD, and B-3) for the upcoming school year. The CFR is also the process by which sites apply for City Seats seat allocations which are administered directly by NOEEN.
All sites that wish to begin or continue to receive LA4, NSECD, B-3, and/or City Seats funding must submit an application to be evaluated through the CFR process. This request is a unified application process, meaning there is only one application for all aforementioned funding sources.
Requests by providers are evaluated by the NOEEN Coordinated Enrollment and Coordinated Funding Request Subcommittee. Final allocations are voted on by the Steering Committee. NOEEN recommendations for seat allocations to specific early childhood programs for LA4, NSECD, and B-3 are subject to approval by BESE. The NOEEN Steering Committee is the final determinant of City Seats allocations.
The goal of NOEEN’s Coordinated Funding Request is to ensure that the limited number of publicly-funded early childhood seats are allocated to those programs that:
- Are high quality
- Are in high demand by parents
- Meet the needs of families
- Demonstrate administrative competency
Coordinated Funding Request for 2023-24 School Year
At its January 18 meeting, the NOEEN Steering Committee voted to approve seat allocation recommendations for LA4, NSECD, and B-3 seats and to approve seat allocations for City Seats.
Click here to view the 2023-24 CFR allocation recommendations for LA4, NSECD, and B-3 and the allocations for City Seats.
Click here to view a video from CFR Office Hours that explains the CFR process and the decision criteria used to make allocation recommendations and decisions.
Coordinated Funding Request Timeline*
*Timeline is subject to change
- September: NOEEN announces CFR process
- October: Application period
- October – December: NOEEN Coordinated Enrollment & Coordinated Funding Request Subcommittee reviews and scores applications, conducts interviews, and site visits
- January: NOEEN Coordinated Enrollment & Coordinated Funding Request Subcommittee submits allocation recommendations to NOEEN Steering Committee; Steering Committee reviews and approves allocation recommendations for LA4, NSECD, and B-3 and submits to LDOE; NOEEN Steering Committee reviews and approves final allocations for City Seats
- February – April: LDOE reviews NOEEN recommendations and determines final allocations (LA4, NSECD, B-3)
- April: BESE approves final allocations (LA4, NSECD, B-3)
- May: NOEEN announces final award determinations (LA4, NSECD, B-3, City Seats)
Coordinated Funding Request Eligibility
|Provider Type||Type III Providers||Type III Providers||Public Schools||Private Schools, Type III Providers|
|Must Serve Ages…||Six Weeks to Three-Years-Old||Six Weeks to Three-Years-Old||Four-Years-Old to Five- Years-Old||Four-Years-Old to Five- Years-Old|
|Other Requirements||City Seats Sample MOU||B-3 Sample MOU||LA4 Provider Manual||NSECD Provider Manual|
There are many priorities and factors beyond eligibility to consider when determining your program’s request for publicly-funded seats through the CFR process. If you have any questions regarding your eligibility, please reach out to CFR@noeen.org. Programs who would like additional guidance should review the resources available on our Coordinated Funding Request Considerations page. LEARN MORE
Secured $3M local municipal investment and $3M in state matching funds that will increase next year’s NOEEN City Seats program to serve 400 infants and toddlers in New Orleans. Plus, we also received a State allocation of 373 Preschool Development Grant seats. That’s nearly 800 new infants and toddlers in New Orleans who will have the opportunity for quality early education each year.