NOEEN Coordinated Funding Request (CFR)
Each year, Early Childhood Community Networks in Louisiana, including the New Orleans Early Education Network (NOEEN), collaborate to submit a CFR to the Louisiana Department of Education (LDOE). This application outlines recommendations for funding allocations to specific providers for state-funded early care and education seats, including LA4, NSECD, CCAP B-3, and Early Childhood Education Fund (ECEF) – also known as “State Match.” Additionally, the CFR is the process through which providers apply for the City Seats program, which is funded through Orleans Parish tax dollars and is administered directly by NOEEN.
The CFR helps to ensure equitable access to high-quality early care and education services across our community, and we value your participation in this process. NOEEN’s Coordinated Funding Request aims to ensure that the limited number of publicly-funded early childhood seats are allocated to programs that:
provide high-quality early care and education services;
exhibit strong demand from parents;
meet the needs of families in their communities; and
display administrative competency in program management.
All early learning programs that wish to begin or continue to receive LA4, NSECD, Early Childhood Education Fund (ECEF), CCAP B-3, and/or City Seats funding must submit an application to be evaluated through the CFR process. This request is a unified application process, meaning there is only one application for all aforementioned funding sources.
Requests by providers are evaluated by a NOEEN Review Committee, and final allocations are voted on by the NOEEN Steering Committee. NOEEN recommendations for seat allocations for LA4, NSECD, Early Childhood Education Fund (ECEF), and CCAP B-3 are subject to approval by BESE. The NOEEN Steering Committee decides final City Seats allocations.
Coordinated Funding Request for 2024-25 Program Year
The Coordinated Funding Request for the 2024-25 program year opened on October 9, 2023. Applications are due by November 6, 2023.
- Link to Official Online Application (Foundant)
Applications can only be submitted through Foundant, the official CFR online portal for Orleans Parish, which is linked above. Applications submitted via email or any other method will not be considered.
- Preview the Entire CFR Application (All Provider Types)
- This PDF lets you preview the entire application prior to starting the online application. Note that not all sections and questions will apply to all applicants, and this PDF shows all possible questions. The online application only shows the questions relevant to your program type and the funding sources you are requesting. You cannot use this PDF to actually apply for seats!
- Evaluation Rubrics
- Click here to view a video from CFR Office Hours that provides a demo of the 2024-25 CFR Application.
Coordinated Funding Request Timeline*
*Timeline is subject to change
- September: NOEEN announces CFR process
- October: Application period
- October – December: NOEEN CFR Review Committee reviews and scores applications, conducts interviews, and site visits
- December: NOEEN Coordinated Enrollment Subcommittee submits allocation recommendations to NOEEN Steering Committee; Steering Committee reviews and approves allocation recommendations for LA4, NSECD, ECEF, and CCAP B-3 and submits to LDOE; NOEEN Steering Committee reviews and approves final allocations for City Seats
- February – April: LDOE reviews NOEEN recommendations and determines final allocations (LA4, NSECD, ECEF, CCAP B-3)
- April: Board of Elementary and Secondary Education (BESE) approves final allocations (LA4, NSECD, ECEF, CCAP B-3)
- May: NOEEN announces final award determinations (LA4, NSECD, ECEF, CCAP B-3, City Seats)
Applicants should note that final funding allocations for LA4, NSECD, ECEF, and CCAP B-3 seats are contingent upon the availability of state funding and state approval and that City Seats allocations are contingent upon approval of the NOEEN Steering Committee. Funding allocations are not guaranteed each year, and applicants must reapply annually as allocation decisions are made each year based on available funding.
Coordinated Funding Request Eligibility
|FCCs with Academic Approval and Type III Providers; Must have CCAP Certification
|Type III Providers
|Type III Providers; Must have CCAP Certification
|Private Schools, Type III Providers
|Must Serve Ages…
|Infants (minimum 15 months) to 3 Year Olds by Sept 30
|Infants (minimum 6 weeks) to 3 Year Olds by Sept 30
|Infants (minimum 6 weeks) to 3 Year Olds by Sept 30
|4 Year Olds by Sept. 30
|3 and 4 year olds by Sept. 30
There are many priorities and factors beyond eligibility to consider when determining your program’s request for publicly-funded seats through the CFR process. Programs who would like additional guidance should review the resources available on our Coordinated Funding Request Considerations page. LEARN MORE
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility or application, please reach out to CFR@noeen.org. Providers may also contact our team via email to request a copy of their previous year’s CFR application.
Support is available during our regular office hours (Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
NOLA-PS will be hosting the following office hours during the CFR Application Period.